Stay-in-Bed Mom Blog!
This new blogger is “walking on sunshine”.
I’m psyched to announce I’ve been nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award! First, I’d like to give a huge shoutout to Allie from Hey Mom, Now What? for the nomination! Thank you! Please check out Allie’s awe-inspiring personal blog. She also contributes to the blog, Pointless Overthinking, and her outstanding writing for this site earned her a Sunshine Blogger Award nomination.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given by bloggers to other bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring.
When Allie was asked what’s her dream job by fellow blogger, Belle from Wondering Belle’s Blog, this bloggess answered: “…it would be to be paid to be a stay at home mom.” Great answer! She’s a full time, on call mental health crisis worker who works from home. Somehow she manages to find the time to write for not one, but two excellent blogs, whoa!
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them – Thank you again to Allie from Hey Mom, Now What?
- Answer the questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate other bloggers and ask them new questions. (11 bloggers, 11 questions recommended)
- Notify the nominees about it on one of their own posts.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
My Questions from Allie:
- If you got a “Do-Over” card for any event in your life, would you use it? Such a great question. Maybe. I might use the card to go to a cheaper college. My jobs have all been rewarding (well mostly, heh), but low paying – weekly community newspaper reporter, private high school teacher, museum visitor services representative, art museum docent, home tutor, university program manager, women’s clothing sales associate, etc…But my expensive college experience brought me to Washington D.C. for an incredible decade of my life with phenomenal people. I wouldn’t change being a DC denizen for anything in the world. So, no.
- What do you think is more likely for an Armageddon scenario- Nuclear Disaster, Zombie Outbreak or Worldwide Plague? Nuclear Disaster
- Follow up to Question 2- What 3 things do you grab when you hear that your chosen scenario has happened? A flashlight (with newly replaced batteries of course), a lighter/fire starter (because I was a bad Girl Scout), and my beloved “benzos” (Yes, I know benzodiazepines, are bad for you hahah!)
- What is your favorite thing about the decade that defines your generation? (i.e., 90’s for Gen X) Gen Y “Millennial”: binge watching movies and TV on streaming services, e.g. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime
- Why did you begin blogging? I started my blog to help other moms and dads, especially stay-at-home parents who I think can be hard on themselves, take a break – preferably one in bed! I hope my blog helps all parents remember to take it easy on themselves (and other parents). And seek out ways to make their lives easier in the process, without any guilt of course.
- What do you think is the best thing about being an adult? Cake for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (and consequences for dessert)
- What do you think is the biggest disappointment about being an adult? You still don’t have it all figured out.
- Favorite 80’s cult classic movie? Ferris Bueller’s Day Off! I can probably quote the entire movie. Not even kidding.
- Your favorite reading genre and author? This question is so tough. Not fair! It’s like asking me my favorite child, how could I ever choose? I own all of Franz Kafka’s works. His novella Metamorphosis and short story “A Hunger Artist” are life changing. Kafka has a special place in my heart and on my bookshelf – within arms reach of my kiddos. I like to think they’ll be Kafka lovers too as they always pull his volumes off our shelves.
- What is the most important life lesson you want to share with your children? (or dog, cat or other pet of choice) Just because you think something, doesn’t make it true.
My Nominees for The Sunshine Blogger Award:
- Hey Mom, Now What?
- Tech Savvy Mama
- Not Your Average Mom
- Geek Mamas
- Earthen Warrior
- Really, Are You Serious?
- The MomMe Life
- Little Hands, Big Plans
- The MD & Me
- Going unfiltered
- My views and reviews
My Questions for My Nominees:
- What’s under your bed?
- What color is your soul? Explain.
- Which Disney princess or prince are you and why?
- What’s the best life lesson your mom or dad (or parent figure) ever taught you?
- How do you take your coffee? What do you think that says about you as a parent or as a person?
- What does your dream “stay in bed” bedroom look like for relaxing and unwinding?
- What’s your favorite TV show to watch in bed and why?
- What was the last book you read? How many stars (out of five) would you give it?
- What’s your child’s favorite picture book? If you’re not a parent, what was your favorite storybook as a child?
- Which one of your blog posts are you most proud of and why?
- What’s the best piece of advice someone gave you for how to get more blog followers (and keep them)?
Thanks again for my ray of sunshine, Allie of Hey Mom, Now What? Don’t forget to give her a follow. Her encouraging words will enlighten your minds and warm your hearts.
“I’m walking on sunshine. (Wow!) I’m walking on sunshine. (Wow!) I’m walking on sunshine. (Wow!) And don’t it feel good.”