…if you’re feeling really naughty.
“‘Twas the night before Christmas,”…and you’re exhausted, but you got everything done because you’re awesome. Sit back and relax. You deserve a family-free night!
Here are some Santa’s “(Really) Naughty List” films for when your little Cindy Lou-Whos are asleep dreaming of sugarplums. Enjoy with the Mr. or Mrs. Claus. No kids allowed!
Really Naughty – Savage Stuff (Violence, Language, and/or Mature Topics)
Die Hard (132 mins): John McClane, officer of the NYPD, tries to save his wife Holly Gennaro and several others that were taken hostage by German terrorist Hans Gruber during a Christmas party at the Nakatomi Plaza in Los Angeles. (R, 93% Tomatometer)
Really Naughty – Sexy Stuff
Carol (118 mins): An aspiring photographer develops an intimate relationship with an older woman in 1950s New York. Cate Blanchett’s The enchanting protagonist, Carol (Cate Blanchett), and the lonely shopgirl, Therese (Rooney Mara), meet while Carol shops for Christmas gifts. (R, 94% Tomatometer)
Eyes Wide Shut (159 mins): A New York City doctor pushes himself on a harrowing and dangerous night-long odyssey of sexual and moral discovery after his wife admits that she once almost cheated on him. All of these shenanigans take place during Christmastime. R, 74% Tomatometer)
Love Actually (135 mins): Follows the lives of eight very different couples in dealing with their love lives in various loosely interrelated tales all set during a frantic month before Christmas in London, England. (R, 63% Tomatometer)
White Reindeer (82 mins): After an unexpected tragedy, Suzanne struggles to put her life back together during a sad, strange Christmastime in suburban Virginia. (Not Rated, 90% Tomatometer)
Really Naughty – Scary Stuff
Krampus (98 mins): A boy who has a bad Christmas ends up accidentally summoning a festive demon to his family home. (PG-13, 67% Tomatometer)
Really Naughty – Some or All of the Above
Bad Santa (91 mins): A miserable conman and his partner pose as Santa and his Little Helper to rob department stores on Christmas Eve. But they run into problems when the conman befriends a troubled kid. (R, 78% Tomatometer)
Trading Places (116 mins): A snobbish investor and a wily street con artist find their positions reversed as part of a bet by two callous millionaires. (The switch-up makes for a very tense office Christmas party!) (R, 86% Tomatometer)
If You’re Feeling More Naughty Than Nice, Don’t Miss…
- Batman Returns (126 mins): When a corrupt businessman and the grotesque Penguin plot to take control of Gotham City, only Batman can stop them, while the Catwoman has her own agenda. The plot is set against a Christmas backdrop, which brings the yuletide blues to a gloomy Gotham. (PG-13, 80% Tomatometer)
- Metropolitan (98 mins): A group of young upper-class Manhattanites are blithely passing through the gala debutante Christmastime season, when an unusual outsider joins them and stirs them up. (PG-13, 91% Tomatometer)
- The Night Before (101 mins): On Christmas Eve, three lifelong friends spend the night in New York City looking for the Holy Grail of Christmas parties. (R, 67% Tomatometer)
- Office Christmas Party (105 mins): When his uptight CEO sister threatens to shut down his branch, the branch manager throws an epic Christmas party in order to land a big client and save the day, but the party gets way out of hand…(R, 41% Tomatometer)
- Silent Night, Deadly Night (79 mins): After his parents are murdered, a tormented teenager goes on a murderous rampage dressed as Santa, due to his stay at an orphanage where he was abused by the Mother Superior. (R, 25% Tomatometer)
Synopses from IMDb
A Final Thought – From the Pillow
Too much merry can make you feel weary. You can’t be nice all the time. Embrace your inner naughty.
So restore balance in your life with something a little naughty. And have yourself a relaxing little Christmas – in bed!
What are your favorite holiday movies to watch when you’re feeling naughty?